- Job Descriptions
Responsible for determining taxability and value of properties using methods such as field inspection, structural measurement, calculation, sales analysis, market trend studies, and income and expense analysis.
- Inspect properties, considering factors such as market value, location, and building or replacement costs to determine appraisal value.
- Inspect new construction and major improvements to existing structures in order to determine values.
- Evaluate multiple properties or entire neighborhoods using common procedures.
- Use maps to obtain an accurate perspective on the property and buildings surrounding a property.
- Verify the correctness of property revaluations, which are conducted cyclically in jurisdictions.
- Apply knowledge of tax assessment techniques and computer software to analyze numerous properties at once.
- Write detailed reports on research and observations, stating the value of the property as well as the precise reasoning and methodology of estimate.