Athletic Trainer Job Description
- Diagnose and treat athletes' injuries.
- Work on the sidelines of games to provide immediate care.
- Work with team doctors to provide physical therapy.
- Help athletes build up their strength to avoid future injuries.
- Apply compresses to sore muscles and muscle spasms.
- Wrap ice packs around joints and appendages.
- Spray antiseptic on wounds.
- Clean and dress wounds.
- Treat sprained ankles and wrists.
- Call for X-rays or MRIs to determine extent of injury.
- Recommend special diets.
- Train athletes to perform certain exercises to expedite the healing of injuries.
- Properly fit and adjust athletic equipment.
- Carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
- Cover assigned pre-season physicals, sports games or matches, and related events under the supervision of the program manager.
- Answer calls and pages.
- Verify physician order in accordance with established athletic health care policy.
- Maintain injury data information in proper order and reported in pre-assigned time frame.
1 Requisition Number: 15-10936 Job Title: Athletic Trainer Department: 17121-Athletic Training Program City: Seattle State: Washington Location: Other Off-Site Location Secondary L...
POSITION TITLE: Athletic Trainer Certified POSITION SUMMARY: 1. The athletic trainer will be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic...