- Job Descriptions
- Auditing Clerk
Responsible for updating and maintaining accounting records, verifying records posted by other workers, and checking figures and documents to ensure they are accurate and coded properly. Makes notations of error for future corrections.
- Ensure figures, postings, and documents written by accounting are properly coded and accurate.
- Verify records and transactions.
- Correct errors or make notations for other workers to correct.
- Enter information from receipts into computers.
- Perform payroll functions.
- Make phone calls to customers or clients.
- Use computer software to input numbers.
- Check records for accuracy, often several times.
- Scrutinize expense accounts, commissions, loans, interest, account payments, bank records, inventory, and sales tickets.
- Compute totals using adding machines or calculators.
- Compare results with recorded entries.
- Complete tax forms and returns, workers' compensation forms, and pension contribution forms.
- Write statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports.
- Properly code documents.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts.
- Prepare trial balances of books.