Responsibe for Collecting and analyzing data to detect errors, deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Analyzes and verifies annual company reports and financial statements.
- Analyze sources to find out whether a company's records presents its true financial situation.
- Examine and evaluate the financial system of their firm to ensure that it is being run efficiently and economically.
- Compare the company's books with the records of the banks, brokers, creditors, and others who deal with the company.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Evaluate taxpayer finances to determine tax liability.
- Check the company's bookkeeping and accounting methods by analyzing its books and records.
- Compose objective analyses and reports with the intent to increase profit and save on taxes.
- Recommend controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Gather with company officials to discuss financial and regulatory matters.