- Job Descriptions
- Benefits Specialist
Responsible for overseeing and administering the employee benefits program at a company. Specializes in health insurance and retirement plans.
- Design and implement benefits program.
- Perform research to ascertain the best program to suit a company's structure, function, and size.
- Analyze complex benefit plans.
- Negotiate programs.
- Analyze defined benefit pension plans and defined contribution plans, such as 401(k) or thrift savings plans and profit sharing or stock ownership plans.
- Devise programs that include some of all of the following: medical, dental, and vision insurance and protection against catastrophic illness.
- Develop employee life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance and disability insurance.
- Design other benefit programs that such as parental leave, long-term nursing or home care insurance, wellness programs, and flexible benefits plans.
- Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
- Integrate newer programs that deal with mental and physical health, such as employee assistance, obesity, and smoking cessation.
- Give employees literature on available plans on pricing structure.
- Answer benefits questions.
- Inform employees of deadlines regarding signing up for benefits.