Bill & Account Collector Job Description
- Send out notices to overdue accounts.
- Collect payments and post to accounts.
- Reach out to customers with unpaid debt and attempt to collect from them.
- Maintain files on the financial status of accounts.
- Keep track of delinquent accounts.
- Make personal visits if necessary to collect debts.
- Set up repayment plans according to ability to pay.
- Advise customers of default consequences and debt repayment policies.
- Attempt to repossess merchandise if client has not paid debt.
- Record address changes.
- Delete old accounts and clean up files.
- Negotiate credit extensions.
- Compile reports on delinquent account for management.
- Turn over accounts to attorneys.
- Disconnect services if account remains unpaid.
- Report past due accounts to credit bureaus.
- Prepare statements for credit department.
* Sunbelt Rentals * United States * Columbus, OH * General Business * Bill and Account Collectors
Collectors provide customer service by answering inbound phone calls and making outbound calls in a high volume call center environment. Collectors also work on account resolution,...
span Summary: br Position: Medical Biller and Collector br Pay: $16 - 18 br Type of contract: Temporary to Hire br Location: 77081 br Schedule: 8 am – 5 pm br br Are y...