Responsible for compiling data to prepare invoices, including calculating rates, fees, taxes, shipment, and computing costs. Prepares invoice for submittal to accounts payable.
- Gather information to complete invoices and prepare for billing.
- Calculate taxes, price of goods, fees, and shipping costs and factor into final amount owed.
- Verify accuracy of data.
- Use adding machines to calculate amounts.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
- Contain customers to confirm accuracy of data.
- Compute credit terms and factor into invoices.
- Prepare itemized statements for accounting department to review.
- Revise billing errors.
- Analyze purchase orders, sales tickets, and charge slips before writing invoices.
- Track hours posted and dollar amounts charged in job orders to calculate client or consulting fees.
- Compile cost factors including cost of labor and production.
- Consult rate books and manuals to determine and verify specific charges.
- Prepare invoices to be mailed, including date-stamping, typing addresses, and adding postage.