Responsible for using calculating machine to compute numerical data including statistical and accounting data. Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to find totals and post to records.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide data using calculating machine to come up with totals or adjustments in accounting financial records.
- Record statistical data.
- Verify past computations for accuracy.
- Post totals to inventories and summary sheets.
- Use audio transcription and transcribing machine along with calculator.
- Prepare statements, bills, and invoices using operating machine.
- Operate bookkeeping machines.
- Perform extraction of roots.
- Clean machine and replace ribbons as needed.
- Train assistants.
- Reconcile and post receipts.
- Compile transmittal reports that include changes to assessment and tax rolls, redemption file changes, and for warrants, deposits, and invoices.
- Encode transaction documents.
- Balance batch control totals.
- Post purchase orders, reports of goods received, invoices, and paid vouchers to ledgers.
- Microfilm or copy transaction documents.
- Post charges and refunds to accounts.
- Transfer data from calculating machine to computer.