- Job Descriptions
- Billing, Posting or Calculating Machine Operator
Responsible for using calculating machine to compute numerical data including statistical and accounting data. Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to find totals and post to records.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide data using calculating machine to come up with totals or adjustments in accounting financial records.
- Record statistical data.
- Verify past computations for accuracy.
- Post totals to inventories and summary sheets.
- Use audio transcription and transcribing machine along with calculator.
- Prepare statements, bills, and invoices using operating machine.
- Operate bookkeeping machines.
- Perform extraction of roots.
- Clean machine and replace ribbons as needed.
- Train assistants.
- Reconcile and post receipts.
- Compile transmittal reports that include changes to assessment and tax rolls, redemption file changes, and for warrants, deposits, and invoices.
- Encode transaction documents.
- Balance batch control totals.
- Post purchase orders, reports of goods received, invoices, and paid vouchers to ledgers.
- Microfilm or copy transaction documents.
- Post charges and refunds to accounts.
- Transfer data from calculating machine to computer.