Biochemist Job Description
- Study, analyze, observe, record, and report chemical properties of living things.
- Develop theories and predictions based on collection of data.
- Use electron microscopes, lasers, and other laboratory instruments and equipment to carry out their research.
- Use computer modeling software to determine the three-dimensional structures of proteins and other molecules.
- Use chemical enzymes to synthesize recombinant DNA.
- Work with experts in other fields, such as physics, chemistry, computer science, and engineering.
- Study the genetic mutations in cells within organisms that lead to cancer and other diseases.
- Study the evolution of plants and animals to understand how genetic traits are carried through successive generations.
- Analyze the effects of substances such as drugs, hormones, and food on tissues and biological processes.
- Plan products and apply for grants.
- Manage laboratory teams.
- Present research findings to the field.
- Analyze food products to measure their vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, and minerals.
- Study and observe chemical combinations and reactions involved in metabolism, reproduction, growth, and heredity
- Use knowledge to create new products or to solve practical problems.
- Develop synthetic hormones that can be produced on a large scale.
- Determine the effects of chemicals on medical problems such as cancer, aging, or obesity.
POSITION : BIOCHEMIST I LOCATION : SAN DIEGO, CA DURATION : 12+ MONTHS CONTRACT START TIME : 8:00 AM END TIME : 4.30 PM TOTAL HOURS/WEEK : 40.00[MON-FRI] QUALIFICATIONS: * G...
The position will support all projects within protein production and biopharmaceutical-based businesses. The individual will carry out routine analytical protocols, including sampl...
North America-USA-Missouri-St. LouisDescriptiontrueQualificationsRequired Education & Skills: - Minimum of a PhD in a related discipline - Demonstrated experience in protein functi...