Biological Science Teacher Job Description
- Instruct students on the study of living things.
- Communicate effectively with students and staff at different technology skill levels to support instruction and advance educational goals.
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Maintain grade book, proctor exams, and assign projects as necessary.
- Perform experiments in class to enhance lecture component.
- Respond to student and mentor inquiries.
- Advise students on becoming a similar teacher or how to intensify studies.
- Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in biology.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Home Browse Open Jobs | Search Open Jobs | Submit a General Profile | Edit Your Profile | View Submitted Applications Job Details Requisition Number 16-1956 Title ...
RECRUITMENT PERIOD Open March 1st, 2016 through June 30th, 2017 DESCRIPTION The University of California, Merced is a dynamic new university campus in Merced, California, ...
EARTH AND PLANETARY SCIENCES: FRESH WATER - ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (OPEN UNTIL FILLED; INITIAL REVIEW 11/23/16) Job #JPF00396 * Physical & Biological Sciences Division - Earth...