- Job Descriptions
- Biological Science Teacher
Responsible for teaching courses in the biological sciences arena. Focuses on teaching the study of living things, including cells and their structures and functions, anatomy, and biology in the environment, including biological processes such as photosynthesis.
- Instruct students on the study of living things.
- Communicate effectively with students and staff at different technology skill levels to support instruction and advance educational goals.
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Maintain grade book, proctor exams, and assign projects as necessary.
- Perform experiments in class to enhance lecture component.
- Respond to student and mentor inquiries.
- Advise students on becoming a similar teacher or how to intensify studies.
- Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in biology.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.