- Job Descriptions
Responsible for observing and studying study the origin, development, evolution, adaptation, chemical processes, structure, and function of plant and animal life.
- Work with and observe plant and animal life.
- Examine life processes and develop theories.
- Study evolution of plants and animals and determine how they adapted to climate change, predators, etc.
- Specialize in studying plants, animals, bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
- Study the structure of single-celled and multicellular organisms.
- Study and observe the life functions of plants and animals, including respiration, colonization, reproduction, and adaptation.
- Study and observe heredity and traits.
- Determine how traits are passed on from one generation to another.
- Attempt to isolate genetic mutations.
- Examine the effects of diseases on cells, organs, animals, and tissues.
- Study how food is used as fuel and how it changes in the body.
- Examine how animals use vitamins, proteins, carbs, minerals, and other nutrients.
- Study the effects of drugs, poisons, pollen, and dusts on living things.
- Observe the atomic structure and the electrical and mechanical energy of cells and organisms.
- Develop new breeds of animals or plants.
- Supervise technicians inside a laboratory.
- Perform research and write reports.
- Present information to colleagues, universities, and the public.
- Study the relationships of plants, animals, and the food chain.
- Work within drug, chemical, and food processing companies; colleges and universities; government agencies; publishing firms; and research centers.