Biophysicist Job Description
- Work within a laboratory to observe the physical and chemical properties of living things.
- Perform extensive independent research and development.
- Use, maintain, and clean electron microscopes, lasers, and other laboratory instruments and equipment to carry out their research.
- Take biological samples.
- Conduct scientific experiments and analysis.
- Use chemical enzymes to synthesize recombinant DNA.
- Use computer modeling software to determine the three-dimensional structures of proteins and other molecules.
- Observe the effects of substances such as drugs, hormones, and food on tissues and biological processes.
- Study the genetic mutations in organisms that lead to cancer and other diseases.
- Study the evolution of plants and animals to understand how genetic traits are carried through successive generations.
- Develop tests used to detect diseases, genetic disorders, and other illnesses.
- Develop new drugs and medications, such as those used to treat cancer or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Develop genetically engineered crops that are more resistant to drought, disease, insects, and other afflictions.
- Develop alternative fuels, such as biofuels—renewable energy sources from plants.
- Develop ways to protect the environment and clean up pollution.
- Perform research, experiments, and present findings to colleagues and the public.
BIOPHYSICIST AND PROTEIN CHEMIST (SPECIALIST) Job #JPF00970 * SCHOOL OF PHARMACY - Pharmaceutical Chemistry RECRUITMENT PERIOD Open date: June 9th, 2016 Last rev...
BIOPHYSICIST AND PROTEIN CHEMIST (PROFESSIONAL RESEARCHER) Job #JPF00964 * SCHOOL OF PHARMACY - Pharmaceutical Chemistry RECRUITMENT PERIOD Open date: June 6th, 20...
Staff Scientist: The ideal candidate will be an independent and highly motivated researcher with a strong background in protein folding and computational methods. 70% - Perf...