Responsible for selling biotechnical equipment to be used in the creation of living organisms or derivatives of organisms to develop products and processes. May sell equipment or services for areas such as food production, waste disposal, mining, and medicine.
- Find companies and customers who are looking to purchase biotechnical equipment used in the creation of living organisms or derivatives of organisms to develop products and processes.
- Sell devices or products that can be used in research and development, clinical research, quality control, business development.
- Promote automated biotech instrumentation and capital equipment into the biotech industry.
- Sell chemistry analyzers, blood analyzers or cell analyzers.
- Prepare reports.
- Conduct business transactions.
- Work different territories.
- Tell customer of estimated delivery schedule, service contracts, warranty, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Attend conferences to discover new products or machines.
- Perform extensive research.
- Test machines to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Create a list of sales leads.
- Keep abreast of market trends, needs, and new companies cropping up.
- Prepare contracts and ensure they are legally binding.
- Negotiate prices.
- Work on building a book of business by calling potential customers or going to their business.
- Sell orders over the phone.
- Check to see if orders are in stock.