- Job Descriptions
- Bookkeeping Clerk
Responsible for managing the ledger, or compilation of some or all of a company's accounts. Maintain an entire company's books and make numerous daily computations to update accounting records.
- Make numerous daily computations to update and maintain accounting records.
- Verify and enter firms' transactions into ledger.
- Compile data from cashiers to prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare reports and summaries.
- Handle various payroll duties.
- Prepare invoices for billing, including totaling numbers, adding dates, and verifying financial data.
- Track and oversee overdue accounts.
- Refer overdue accounts to collections.
- Verify balancing receipts.
- Send cash, checks, or other forms of payment to the bank.
- Post debits and credits.
- Post details of transactions, total accounts, and compute interest charges.
- Stay familiar with list of tax and accounting rules.
- Calculate expenditures.
- Prepare tax reports and monthly invoice statements.
- Use computers to input data.