- Job Descriptions
- Brickmason or Blockmason
Responsible for creating and erecting various types of structures, including buildings, fences, roads, and walkways. Cuts, breaks, and lays materials to be formed into structures. Builds and repairs walls, floors, chimneys, and fireplaces.
- Carve out and build structures and surfaces.
- Build walkaways, fences, walls, and roads using a variety of materials, including concrete, marble, stone, wood, and bricks.
- Spread a mixture of cement, lime, sand, and water with a trowel onto surface.
- Cut or saw bricks to fit around windows and doors.
- Place materials, such as brick, on mortar bed.
- Press brick into place.
- Finish mortar joints with jointing tools.
- Repeat until structure has been completed.
- Break up and properly size materials.
- Lay out dimensions using blueprints.
- Install firebrick linings.
- Use steel supports at windows and doors.
- Construct brick arches.
- Install refractory tile in high-temperature boilers, furnaces, cupolas, and ladles.
- Use cleaning agents to clean finished product.
- Replace bricks or make repairs to brickwork.
- Apply new mortar in several applications.
- Use chemicals to clean bricks and stone.
- Build and repair walls, floors, partitions, fireplaces, chimneys.