Broadcast Technician Job Description
- Set up, operate, and maintain radio and television broadcast equipment.
- Report problems and take in equipment for repairs.
- Clean and store equipment.
- Adjust the fidelity, brightness, and contrast of video transmissions, using video console control panels.
- Record broadcast programs.
- Align antennae with dishes to ensure clearest signal for broadcast transmission.
- Monitor and adjust clarity, reliability, and strength of incoming and outgoing signals.
- Log transmitter readings.
- Regulate broadcast signals.
- Design and modify equipment according to specifications.
- Maintain antennas and cables.
- Verify station is on-air.
- Confer with station personnel to set audio and video levels.
- Read television programming logs.
- Prepare program schedules.
- Select source, such as satellite or studio, from which program will be recorded.
- Prepare reports on content concerning future programming events.
- Ensure signal is functioning properly before scheduled program.
- Train assistants on how to use production equipment.
- Copy/edit graphics or sound onto videotape.
- Maintain log for Federal Communications Commission.
Commensurate with experience Band: Work Hours per Week: 27 Position Type: Part-time Staff Description: This position is responsible for technical production during live on-air show...
Broadcast Systems Engineer - GA * Install, repair and maintain complex digital, high-definition and equipment associated with broadcast operations. * Configura...
The Studio Technician checks and prepares technical equipment as well as operates equipment during live newscasts, special events and promotional sessions. May also assist with po...