Responsible for preparing and maintaining financial transaction records for securities or brokerage firms.
- Match orders to buy with orders to sell.
- Compute and record data related to security transactions.
- Maintain the records of financial transactions, including stocks, bonds, and other types of investments.
- Handle the receipt and delivery of securities from firm to firm.
- Ensure stock certificates comply with banking regulations.
- Monitor clients' margin accounts, also called cash advance/credit accounts.
- Follow up with customers and ensure payments are made.
- Report unpaid payments to collections.
- Take care of customer requests for security registration changes.
- Process paperwork.
- Inform clients of important changes.
- Prepare daily reports that summarize transactions.
- Compute total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, and commissions.
- Keep abreast of market fluctuations.
- Advise customers and resolve account problems.
- Prepare receipts, withdrawal orders, transmittal papers, and transfer confirmations.
- Track stock prices.
- Use computers and account ledgers to record sales and purchases.
- Distribute dividends.
- Verify stock transactions.