- Job Descriptions
- Business Teacher
Responsible for providing instruction on areas such as labor relations, finance, accounting, the stock market, the economy, human resources, and business operations.
- Deliver instruction on topics such as the principles of marketing, how to operate a business, and the financial aspects of business.
- Improve students' knowledge of business practices.
- Teach business topics such as basic economics, resume writing, facts about business careers, account checking, computers, the stock market, accounting, and finance.
- Deliver the skills and knowledge necessary for students to function as responsible citizens in the business world.
- Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in business.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.