- Job Descriptions
- Carpenter Assembler or Repairer
Responsible for performing a variety of carpentry tasks, including building prefabricated buildings and affixing siding.
- Perform small to medium-sized jobs on construction sites.
- Repair hinges, locks, cranks, and other objects.
- Apply stain or paint to cover freshly repaired area.
- Study blueprints and work with construction manager.
- Fill cracks, depressions, and seams.
- Examine and repair wood, concrete, and stone surfaces.
- Check for nicks and blisters.
- Align windows to fit casements.
- Use cranes to position walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Cut sidings and moldings.
- Utilize hand and power tools for various jobs.
- Measure and cut materials according to specifications.
- Use scrapers and sponges to remove blemishes and defects.
- Trim wood edges using power saws.
- Sand surfaces.
- Install prefabricated windows and doors, insulation, wall, ceiling and floor panels or siding
- Determine style and type of window or wall panel required.
- Perform repairs as necessary.