Carpet Installer Job Description
- Lay floor coverings in buildings, offices, airports, homes, restaurants, and businesses.
- Install carpet on walls and ceilings.
- Measure rooms and draw up specifications for carpet.
- Remove and dispose of old flooring.
- Lay out samples for selection.
- Fasten a tackless strip to the floor.
- Install the padded cushion.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut the carpet.
- Position the carpet and stretch it to fit.
- Cut off excess carpet and frays.
- Use power stretcher to stretch carpet to fit walls.
- Hook it to tackless strip.
- Finish edges with wall trimmer.
- Join carpet sections together for large rooms.
- Join sections using heat-taped seams.
- Glue or staple carpet to the floor.
- Utilize carpet-laying tools such as carpet shears, knee kickers, wall trimmers, loop pile cutters, heat irons, and power stretchers.
- Correct imperfections in carpet.
- Rip of soiled sections of carpet and replace with new swatch.
Value Carpet One in Salisbury is looking for Warehouse Workers. Duties Include: * Unloading Trucks * Loading Installers * Handling Inventory * Driving forklifts * ...
POSITION SUMMARY: Under moderate supervision, install fabricated aircraft interiors including cabinetry components, galleys, closets, divans, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads...
POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, install fabricated aircraft interiors including cabinetry components, galleys, closets, divans, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads,...