Cartoonist Job Description
Responsible for crafting 2-dimensional art forms for use in political, advertising, social, and sports industries.
- Draw from personal perspectives to create cartoons that amuse, educate, or entertain readers.
- Develop animated narrated sequences.
- Interpret news in the form of cartoons in the political arena.
- Develop ideas from context.
- Confer with editor or publisher's representative on ideas.
- Sketch rough drafts and submit to editor for approval.
- Participate in the storyboard, typesetting and editing process of animation.
- Assist in story development, directing, cinematography and editing.
- Make changes to drawings as necessary.
- Work with publications to ensure the cartoon reproduces well on paper and make further revisions as necessary.
- Utilize computer software or hand render drawings in accordance with preference.
- Develop and draw comic strips on a regular basis for national or local publications.
- Meet deadlines consistently in anticipation of press time.