- Job Descriptions
- Case Management Manager
Responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs.
- Evaluate patient to determine care, when the patient should be discharged, home planning, and other needs and action plans.
- Complete expanded assessment of patient at time of admission.
- Facilitate investigations, medical and treatment referrals, and ongoing legal proceedings.
- Works with agencies and service providers to facilitate case coordination and information sharing.
- Help patients understand their conditions and treatment options.
- Interpret medical documents.
- Ensure that patient tests are appropriate and necessary.
- Coordinate the integration of social services/case management function.
- Present denial letter.
- Evaluate patient satisfaction and quality of care provided.
- Communicate with physicians and develop working relationship.
- Maintain appropriate cost.
- Assess patient's progress throughout hospital stay.
- Refer cases where patients and/or family would benefit from counseling.
- Help patient and family make informed decisions.
- Review treatment goals and resources.
- Provide education and literature about diagnosis.
- Participate in the development and implementation of patient care policies and protocols.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of clinical resources.