Chemical Engineer Job Description
- Solve problems involving the production, manufacturing, or usage of chemicals.
- Design processes for chemical manufacturers, both large and small.
- Supervise production.
- Plan and test methods of manufacturing products and treating byproducts.
- Work with specialized chemical processes, including oxidation or polymerization.
- Work with research chemists to develop industrial chemical processes.
- Help produce a large variety of goods using chemicals.
- Design entire factories that produce chemicals.
- Solve practical problems in the manufacture and use of products.
- Consult with chemists.
- Perform experiments and calculate temperature and pressure.
- Plan and purchase machinery for chemical production.
- Estimate the number of people needed to operate a plant and the cost of power and raw materials.
- Evaluate the effect of chemicals or factories on products or the environment.
- Ensure no wildlife is harmed and that lakes and streams are not polluted.
- Ensure waste is disposed of according to standards.
- Build pilot plants or small-scale models of the actual processing facility.
- Test work and refine processes.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more t...
_Description_ HP Printing and Personal Systems, Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance team, is strategically investing in expanding and enabling market share leadership a...
North America-USA-Missouri-St. LouisDescriptiontrueQualificationsM.S. or B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering5 or more years of chemical process engineering experienceCapital projec...