Chemical Equipment Controller Job Description
- Operate reaction kettles, catalytic converters, continuous or batch treating equipment, saturator tanks, electrolytic cells, reactor vessels, recovery units, and fermentation chambers during chemical phase of manufacturing.
- Determine product or ingredients for product.
- Adjust flow of gases and chemicals through pipes.
- Set timing devices such as gauges, analyzers, and thermostats.
- Regulate temperate, pressure, and time during reactions.
- Open and shut valves.
- Operate pumps to drain or receive materials, chemicals, and treating agents.
- Start reactors, agitators, or blowers.
- Automatically feed materials and chemicals.
- Monitor gauges and flowmeters.
- Mix and add chemicals according to prescribed formulas.
- Record data such as processing time, results, temperature, and pressure.
- Take samples for analysis.
- Inspect equipment for leaks and other malfunctions.
- Test equipment.
- Analyze sample for specific gravity, chemical characteristics, pH level, concentration, or viscosity.
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Unload and set up materials.
- Operate heaters, scrubbers, filters, or driers.
The successful candidate will understand the process unit operations, theory and application of chemical engineering principals and chemistry related to the production of inorganic...
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manuf...
Either two years of applicable technical education and two years of applicable experience or four years of applicable experience meets the minimum requirement. The position is for...