Responsible for controlling equipment to adjust chemical changes and reactions during the production process of products for the industrial and consumer space.
- Operate reaction kettles, catalytic converters, continuous or batch treating equipment, saturator tanks, electrolytic cells, reactor vessels, recovery units, and fermentation chambers during chemical phase of manufacturing.
- Determine product or ingredients for product.
- Adjust flow of gases and chemicals through pipes.
- Set timing devices such as gauges, analyzers, and thermostats.
- Regulate temperate, pressure, and time during reactions.
- Open and shut valves.
- Operate pumps to drain or receive materials, chemicals, and treating agents.
- Start reactors, agitators, or blowers.
- Automatically feed materials and chemicals.
- Monitor gauges and flowmeters.
- Mix and add chemicals according to prescribed formulas.
- Record data such as processing time, results, temperature, and pressure.
- Take samples for analysis.
- Inspect equipment for leaks and other malfunctions.
- Test equipment.
- Analyze sample for specific gravity, chemical characteristics, pH level, concentration, or viscosity.
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Unload and set up materials.
- Operate heaters, scrubbers, filters, or driers.