Responsible for tending equipment using in starting chemical reactions or changes such as devulcanizers, batch stills, fermenting tanks, steam-jacketed kettles, and reactor vessels.
- Control equipment used in chemical processes, reactions, and changes.
- Test equipment for leaks or malfunctions.
- Record data such as temperature, shift, materials, and treating time.
- Gather chemicals needed for operation.
- Pour chemicals in.
- Weigh, measure, and mix substances.
- Draw samples for analysis.
- Monitor and adjust operating conditions.
- Test chemicals for pH, composition, or gravity.
- Drain equipment and cleanse properly.
- Flush out tanks.
- Monitor gauges and panel lights.
- Adjust valves accordingly.
- Keep meticulous logs.
- Purchase chemicals.
- Ensure inventory room is stocked.
- Observe safety precautions and wear protective gear.
- Report spills.
- Move controls of processing equipment to admit, transfer, filter, or mix chemicals.
- Initiate pumps and agitators.