Chemical Plant System Operator Job Description
- Wash and rinse reactors.
- Regulate flow of steam, air, or oil.
- Add chemicals or products to converter.
- Supervise chemical plant systems.
- Operate equipment to adjust speed of chemical reactions or yields.
- Operate panelboards, control boards, and semi-automatic equipment.
- Report spills or dangerous conditions.
- Draw and analyze samples of products.
- Interpret chemical reactions on monitors.
- Review laboratory tests for process adjustments.
- Patrol tanks and troughs to ensure they aren't overflowing.
- Monitor plant to ensure efficient production.
- Regulate and shut down equipment if necessary.
- Use steam to defrost frozen valves.
- Operate and test towers, soap-spray storage tanks, scrubbers, collectors, and driers.
- Test equipment for malfunctions.
- Repair damaged equipment.
- Calculate material requirements and collect appropriate materials.
- Ensure chemicals are stored properly.
- Purchase equipment and chemicals as needed.
- Use calibrated rods to gauge tank levels.
- Calculate material yields.
- Keep track of instrument readings.
- Adjust power, steam, water, and air supplies.
Responsibilities***Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer, B*****Seeking 1 Electrical and 1 Chemical Engineer****Location: Shawnee Fossil Plant****Posting Dates: 11/16/15 - 11/18/15****...
Description: The Coolant Technology Applications (CTA) unit has responsibility to evaluate and resolve issues related to reactor plant and steam plant chemistry control and monitor...
Req Id 21501 - Posted 08/05/2016 - Maintenance - Memphis, Tennessee, US Job Title: Reliability Engineer & Maintenance Scheduler Situation in Organization: Reports to Maintenance ...