- Job Descriptions
Responsible for observing and studying the composition, reaction, structure, and properties of chemical substances. Works in laboratories and offices to develop products, processes, packaging, and materials.
- Work in a laboratory to develop new products.
- Study the structures, compositions, reactions, and other properties of substances.
- Analyze substances and compounds to determine their chemical and physical properties, such as their structure and composition.
- Study different types of reactions.
- Perform experiments.
- Add, mix, boil, and freeze substances.
- Instruct scientists and technicians on proper chemical processing and testing procedures.
- Prepare and mix test solutions, compounds, and reagents.
- Analyze components and physical properties of materials.
- Gather and prepare ingredients, mixing times, and operating temperatures.
- Investigate the properties, composition, and structure of matter.
- Experiment with the laws that govern the combination of elements and reactions of substances to each other.
- Create new products and processes or improve existing ones.
- Create and develop new and improved drugs, plastics, cleaners, and thousands of other products.
- Study the structures and chemical properties of various materials to develop new products or enhance existing ones.
- Determine ways to strengthen or combine materials or develop new materials.
- Work with superconducting materials, ceramics, and metallic alloys.
- Work on teams with other scientists, such as biologists and physicists, computer specialists, and engineers.
- Use computers for modeling, simulation, and experimental analysis.