Child Care Worker Job Description
- Nurture and care for children while parents are at work or school.
- Supervise older children before and after school.
- Provide nutritious meals.
- Wipe hands and mouth before and after meals.
- Perform good hand-washing techniques for disease and infection control.
- Organize activities and implement curricula that stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
- Bathe, dress, and feed children.
- Wash clothes and clean rooms.
- Prepare bottles and change diapers.
- Ensure children have adequate supplies from home, such as diaper cream and diapers.
- Prepare children for school.
- Provide for a child's basic needs.
- Comfort children when they are crying.
- Determine cause of distress.
- Report behavior to parents each day.
- Schedule conferences to discuss a child's needs.
- Make suggestions for things parents can work on at home.
- Recruit parent volunteers to work with the children and participate in administrative decisions and program planning.
- Prepare daily and long-term schedules of activities.
- Supervise children while they are playing outside or on a playground.
- Take children on field trips.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Employer seeking a child care worker, for full-time position. Must be 18. Must be a resident of Kentucky for the last 5 years. Childrens ages are from infant to school age.
Position: Child Care Worker - Location: Bangor, Maine - Status: Part Time - Category: Early Childhood Development - Open Date: 6/8/2016 - Close Date: 7/8/2016 - ...
Part time (possibly up to full time hours) and substitute child care workers needed. Must love working with children. Must pass a working interview where the children will put you ...