Child Support Investigator
Job SummaryResponsible for leading investigations into child support cases. Makes inquiries into cases regarding child support, non-payments, and assists in trial preparations.
- Handle investigations into child support cases.
- Identify individuals who have stopped paying or never paid child support.
- Serve individual with papers.
- Examine and prepare court documents.
- Interview plaintiffs and case workers.
- Testify in court.
- Conduct background checks.
- Verify information.
- Communicates with police agencies, employers, temporary employment agencies, and others regarding location efforts
- Conduct paternity testing proceedings to establish paternity.
- Serve complaints and summons.
- Investigate earnings records of responsible parties.
- Serve subpoenas.
- Maintain contact with informants and area law enforcement agencies including federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Assist support investigators as needed.
- Stay abreast of ongoing efforts to address matters relating to child support cases.
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Analyze charges and allegations of law violations.
- Verify employment and determine assets of individuals.
- Negotiate out-of-court settlements.
- Enforce child support orders.