Civil Engineer Job Description
- Design roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Participate in the supervision of the construction of the structures and roads.
- Determine necessary materials needed for construction.
- Estimate construction costs and create budgets.
- Estimate how long project will take.
- Design canals, flood-control systems, and irrigation systems.
- Study water sources and develop ways of using water that will benefit the community.
- Design dams and reservoirs.
- Create systems that purify water and treat wastes.
- Control water and air pollution alongside environmental engineers.
- Plan highways, subways, airports, and railroads.
- Develop ways to use soil to improve building foundations.
- Test work and refine processes.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
Job Description Mott MacDonald is hiring a Civil Engineering task lead for transportation and transit facilities in Seattle, WA. Candidate Specification Required Qualificat...
Civil Engineer Company is seeking a Civil Engineer to serve in a design and project management role in our Auburn, Maine office. The ideal candidate is a self-starting individu...
Civil Engineer/Civil Engineering Technician: Immediate Opening Available for Candidates with Bachelors Degree and 0-3 years experience. Candidates in this position will gain experi...