Responsible for applying a layer or layers or paint or coating to a product to protect it from the elements and/or make it more aesthetically appealing. Prepares surfaces, cleans, product, and applies coating.
- Apply coatings such as paint, plastic, varnish, chocolate, or some other type of coating solution to various products, such as cars, toys, or electronics.
- Prepare surface using metal, wood, or plastic part to sand or ground surface.
- Correct imperfections or roughen surface.
- Carefully cleanse product to remove dust and dirt.
- Dip metal parts in chemical baths to prepare surface.
- Cover portions of product with tape and paper.
- Dip item in vat of paint or coating.
- Immerse racks or baskets of articles in vats of paint, liquid plastic, or other solutions using a power hoist.
- Spray products with paint or coating solutions.
- Use spray guns to coat metal, wood, ceramic, fabric, paper, and food products.
- Fill the machine's tanks with a mixture of paints or chemicals, adding prescribed amounts of solution.
- Adjust nozzles on the spray guns to obtain the proper dispersion of the spray.
- Hold or position the guns to direct the spray onto the article.
- Check the flow and viscosity of the paint or solution.
- Check product for flaws, bubbles, or imperfections.
- Regulate the temperature and air circulation in drying ovens.
- Operate automated painting systems.
- Position automatic spray guns, set nozzles, and synchronize action of guns with speed of conveyor carrying articles.
- Add solvents or water to paint vessel.
- Tend equipment.
- Observe and adjust gauges.
- Use spray gun to apply touch-ups.