- Job Descriptions
- Coding Educator
Responsible for conducting coding and billing training programs for billing and coding specialists and physicians. Creates presentations, develops learning material, handbook and other training materials.
- Lead training sessions on current billing and coding information in the medical field.
- Develop curriculum and training handbook.
- Create presentations.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to assess comprehension of training efforts.
- Organize and participate in coding and reimbursement meetings.
- Review and respond to coding questions.
- Research updated coding information.
- Communicate changes to physicians and billing staff.
- Conduct coding reviews and training programs to assure coding quality.
- Ensure billed service is being accurately coded.
- Perform random chart audits.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new findings.
- Perform analysis of benchmarking profiles.
- Provide continual coding and payer updates.
- Research coding issues that arise.
- Maintain knowledge of ICD9 and CPT classifications and coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Identify elements of a medical record's structure and content and code abstracting.
- Convert hand-written medical charts to code.