Coding Educator Job Description
- Lead training sessions on current billing and coding information in the medical field.
- Develop curriculum and training handbook.
- Create presentations.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to assess comprehension of training efforts.
- Organize and participate in coding and reimbursement meetings.
- Review and respond to coding questions.
- Research updated coding information.
- Communicate changes to physicians and billing staff.
- Conduct coding reviews and training programs to assure coding quality.
- Ensure billed service is being accurately coded.
- Perform random chart audits.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new findings.
- Perform analysis of benchmarking profiles.
- Provide continual coding and payer updates.
- Research coding issues that arise.
- Maintain knowledge of ICD9 and CPT classifications and coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Identify elements of a medical record's structure and content and code abstracting.
- Convert hand-written medical charts to code.
Job Code: 20575-48819 Full-time No Weekends GENERAL SUMMARY: The Coding Operations Education Consultant is responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective design,...
Supervises all activities related to physician/provider coding education for outpatient & inpatient professional fee services. Maintains a close working relationship w/ the Medical...
We invite you to look at this opportunity to join the top notch Health Information Management Team at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital. We are located in the beautiful Blue Ridge...