Collections Agent Job Description
- Collect payments on past due bills.
- Create a list of people who have not made payments.
- Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
- Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
- Call customers using telephone.
- Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
- Attempt to collect payment.
- Review terms of sale or loan documents.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Listen to customer's story and determine if debt can be collected.
- Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
- Offer advice or refer customers to debt counselors.
- Record new commitment to repay debt.
- Send statements of delinquencies to credit bureau.
- Initiate repossession proceedings or hand over account to law practice that specializes in debt collection.
- Purge records if debt has been satisfied.
- Report satisfied debts to credit bureaus.
- Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection.
- Print reports for management.
- Purge records from deceased people.
Agent Overpayment Recovery Specialist (154298) Mgr. Craig Huggins Establish end-to-end process to support recovery effort for commission overpayments. ? Work wi...
Are you a problem solver?!! Do you enjoy negotiating?!! As a collections agent you will handle outbound and incoming communication related to outstanding delinquent lease payments....
span Do enjoy working in a customer service based environment? Do you enjoy helping in the healthcare industry any way you can? Then you may be interested in this position! We are ...