Collections Agent Job Description
- Collect payments on past due bills.
- Create a list of people who have not made payments.
- Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
- Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
- Call customers using telephone.
- Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
- Attempt to collect payment.
- Review terms of sale or loan documents.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Listen to customer's story and determine if debt can be collected.
- Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
- Offer advice or refer customers to debt counselors.
- Record new commitment to repay debt.
- Send statements of delinquencies to credit bureau.
- Initiate repossession proceedings or hand over account to law practice that specializes in debt collection.
- Purge records if debt has been satisfied.
- Report satisfied debts to credit bureaus.
- Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection.
- Print reports for management.
- Purge records from deceased people.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: Overview: Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want...
Job Description Conducts monthly Quality Audits for all Collection Agents and tracks results for trending, coaching and training analysis. Conducts Quarterly Compliance Audits fo...
DTI is seeking a Senior A/R Collections Analyst Job Description: The successful candidate will take ownership in assisting the Credit and Collection Manager with collecting outsta...