Collector Job Description
- Reach out to responsible parties to collect on a debt.
- Work for the IRS to collect on delinquent accounts.
- Compile reports and send to taxpayer.
- Work with revenue agents and tax examiners.
- Work with taxpayer to bring delinquent account current.
- Outline severity of delinquency to taxpayer.
- Send taxpayers notice of delinquencies.
- Develop repayment terms.
- Request that the IRS prepare an individual's tax return.
- Verify claims that taxpayers cannot repay debt.
- Examine documents such as bank statements, pay stubs, and previous tax returns to come to a decision.
- Investigate claims by researching court information on the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements.
- Locate assets through third parties, such as neighbors or local departments of motor vehicles.
- Request legal summonses if records cannot be readily accessed.
- Decide whether IRS should take a lien to settle debt.
- Suggest if lien should be on real estate, automobile, or other asset.
- Garnish wages.
- Follow up with taxpayer on payment deadlines.
- Revise repayment terms if necessary.
- Maintain records.
- Update telephone numbers, addresses, and other pertinent information.
- Record actions taken.
- Purge records as needed.
- Call on experts to evaluate fraudulent tax returns.
- Review state tax returns.
- Obtain settlements.
- Issue subpoenas and seize property.
Long time client with corporate headquarters in Boca Raton is looking for a Collector. Must have minimum 2 years collection experience making 100 plus calls a day. Business to bu...
span Accounting Principals is looking for an experienced Collector for a job in Fishers, IN. Experience as a business to business or professional consumer collector is preferred. I...
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Collector to join our Collections Department. The Collector position is responsible for a variety of collection functions. Task and Res...