Determines the monetary value of merchandise, property, or business assets for a company, including real estate and other assets.
- Perform detailed inspections on property to determine value, factoring in dates, quality, and age of property.
- Use data such as incorporating cost, market and income approaches to property valuation.
- Produce written appraisals for clients, government agencies, or companies
- Compile research in detailed reports
- Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and its actual state.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem coherently and provide precautionary advice before a purchase
- Work on a client-to-client basis, making appraisals for a variety of reasons.
- Determine taxability of properties via structural measurement, market trends, and sales analysis.
- Analyze assessed values and explain to property owners.
- Defend appealed assessments.
- Attend public hearings for assessments.
- Determine the worth of making major improvements; inspect major improvements as they are made to add value to structure.
- Examine new construction.
- Determine changes in property due to construction or demolition.