Commercial Designer Job Description
- Design products for every day use.
- Work with engineers, materials scientists, marketing and corporate strategy staff, cost estimators, and accountants to develop most appealing product for the public.
- Design products such as automobiles and other transportation vehicles, appliances, technology goods, medical equipment, furniture, toys, tools and construction equipment, or housewares.
- Meet with clients to determine final vision and requirements.
- Perform extensive research to ascertain target product user or the context in which the product will be used.
- Evaluate product characteristics like size, shape, weight, color, materials used, cost, ease of use, fit, and safety.
- Utilize design and consumer publications to better-understand market.
- Attend trade shows.
- Prepare conceptual sketches or diagrams.
- Consult with creative director or members of marketing team to ascertain company goals.
- Use CAD to create detailed drawings that can be adjusted.
- Coordinate the look and function of product lines.
- Direct automated production tools to build the designed product to exact specifications.
- Revise drawings as necessary or as client dictates.
- Participate in usability and safety tests.
- Study traditional, period, and contemporary design styles and motifs to obtain perspective.
DESIGN MANAGER COMMERCIAL INTERIORS At Gensler Newport Beach, we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to pr...
Knowledge * Minimum high school graduate. Preferred bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent * Minimum 5 years of experience as truss designer * Working knowledge and...
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm with locations worldwide. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one ...