Commercial Pilot Job Description
- Act as the pilot in command of a single pilot aircraft, or as co-pilot of a multi-pilot aircraft.
- Operate different types of aircraft, such as airplanes, helicopters, gyroplanes, balloons and airships.
- Fly for airlines that transport people and cargo on a fixed schedule.
- Fly aircraft for other reasons, such as charter flights, rescue operations, firefighting, aerial photography, and crop dusting.
- Perform pre-flight checklist on engines, hydraulics, and other systems.
- Take information from air traffic controllers.
- Ensure that all cargo has been loaded and that the aircraft weight is properly balanced.
- Start engines.
- Use cockpit instruments.
- Inform passengers if turbulence is worsening.
- Turn on fasten seatbelt sign.
- Communicate with flight attendants and perform crosschecks.
- Receive takeoff and landing instructions.
- Handle flight emergencies.
- Operate controls and steer aircraft if pilot is incapacitated.
- Greet people leaving or coming aboard plane.
- Check fuel and weather conditions.
- Maintain flight schedules and alert ground and crew to possible delays.
- Take turns flying the plane to avoid fatigue.
- Create a flight plan which details the altitude for the flight, route to be taken and amount of fuel required
- Regularly check aircraft's performance and position.
- React to environmental changes and altitudes.
- Update aircraft logbook.
- Note any incidents that occurred during the flight.
- Ensure noise regulations are followed during take off and landing.
STAMP DHC-8 PILOTTHIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE IS MID DECEMBER 2016 TO MID JANUARY 2017JOB DESCRIPTION:Momentum Aerospace Group (MAG) is...
Competitive Salary, Full Benefits Package with Matching 401K Description:Momentum Aerospace Group (MAG) is recruiting highly qualified pilots to fly King Air 300/350 aircraft t...
DescriptionWe are seeking a Test Pilot to fly our Gulfstream G-V, and possibly other aircraft, and test associated subsystems and payloads. Responsibilities include coordinating fl...