Commercial Pilot Job Description
- Act as the pilot in command of a single pilot aircraft, or as co-pilot of a multi-pilot aircraft.
- Operate different types of aircraft, such as airplanes, helicopters, gyroplanes, balloons and airships.
- Fly for airlines that transport people and cargo on a fixed schedule.
- Fly aircraft for other reasons, such as charter flights, rescue operations, firefighting, aerial photography, and crop dusting.
- Perform pre-flight checklist on engines, hydraulics, and other systems.
- Take information from air traffic controllers.
- Ensure that all cargo has been loaded and that the aircraft weight is properly balanced.
- Start engines.
- Use cockpit instruments.
- Inform passengers if turbulence is worsening.
- Turn on fasten seatbelt sign.
- Communicate with flight attendants and perform crosschecks.
- Receive takeoff and landing instructions.
- Handle flight emergencies.
- Operate controls and steer aircraft if pilot is incapacitated.
- Greet people leaving or coming aboard plane.
- Check fuel and weather conditions.
- Maintain flight schedules and alert ground and crew to possible delays.
- Take turns flying the plane to avoid fatigue.
- Create a flight plan which details the altitude for the flight, route to be taken and amount of fuel required
- Regularly check aircraft's performance and position.
- React to environmental changes and altitudes.
- Update aircraft logbook.
- Note any incidents that occurred during the flight.
- Ensure noise regulations are followed during take off and landing.
DescriptionWe are seeking a Test Pilot to fly our Gulfstream G-V, and possibly other aircraft, and test associated subsystems and payloads. Responsibilities include coordinating fl...
Our client in Fremont, MI is searching for an experienced machine operator to join their pilot plant team. The position will require hands on work in the pilot plant performing ing...