Communication Equipment Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Gryphon Technologies, a leading provider of engineering services to the US Navy, is seeking an experienced Engineering Technician IV - Mechanical. Job location is in Tidewater Are...
Gryphon Technologies, a leading provider of engineering services to the US Navy, is seeking an experienced Electrical or Electronics Field Technician with experience in navy ship n...
Directly responsible for the organization, security and coordination of: scheduled simulation training events, inventory, purchasing, maintenance, repair and scheduled replacement ...