Communication Equipment Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR (NAVSPECWARCOM) HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR: Program Manager DESCRIPTION: The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs...
An electronics or electromechanical technician is needed to support maintenance and upgrade of the three LSSC space surveillance radar systems. The candidate would be trained to p...