Responsible for teaching courses related to media and communications, including journalism, broadcasting, TV and radio, social media, and marketing and public relations.
- Instruct students on subjects such as media relations, journalism, broadcasting, TV, and radio.
- Provide instruction on how to obtain a job in the communications field.
- Teach students how to communicate using clear, concise language.
- Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in communications.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.