Responsible for overseeing the compensation and benefits division of a company. Analyzes compensation data within an organization and evaluates job positions to determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance, pension and savings plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers.
- Design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs.
- Conduct analysis of compensation and benefits within company.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scale.
- Improve recruitment and retention.
- Oversee competitive analysis, merit increases and salary structure.
- Develop job descriptions for various positions and determine appropriate base pay.
- Analyze surveys to ensure appropriate compensation across all departments.
- Forecast budget for salary increases.
- Administer and manage employee insurance plans.
- Oversee pension and savings plans.
- Advise on salary increase requests.
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers.
- Research job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Advise employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.