Responsible for the merchandising, distribution and selling of computers, software and peripherals.
- Recognize the needs of the consumer and provide detailed information to the consumer about the technical specifications of the computer hardware/software offered by the company.
- Investigates new items and makes recommendations for purchasing products.
- Checks inventory to ensure orders are in stock.
- Takes orders over the phone and in person.
- Advises customers on technical matters and recommends appropriate computer configurations.
- Solicits information about computer needs from customers.
- Negotiate price for the sale.
- Provide technical support after merchandise is purchased.
- Construct sales pitches and presentations.
- Travel to areas where needs are projected.
- Stay abreast of market trends.
- Assist with the company helpline.
- Serve as a customer service rep for customers who have questions or difficulties.
- Demonstrate product features before a sale.
- Respond to pre-qualification questionnaire or information to tender document.
- Negotiate a commercial agreement.
- Help customers maximize the use of software features.
- Advise on appropriate user training.
- Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes.
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing software, hardware systems and peripherals.