Computer Operator Job Description
- Oversee maintenance and operation of computer hardware systems.
- Control console of mainframe digital computer or set of minicomputers.
- Set controls on computers and peripheral devices.
- Run computer tasks.
- Maintain logbooks or records for job runs.
- List malfunctions that occur during shift.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as checking for viruses, backing up tape, upgrading software, and other basic maintenance.
- Assist programmers and analysts with testing and debugging new programs.
- Monitor systems remotely.
- Watch closely for error lights.
- Locate and solve other malfunctions.
- Load files onto storage media.
- Help network administrators ensure network connections are in place.
- Ensure network and servers are functioning properly.
- Connect computer peripherals for users.
- Help new employees get their computer running.
- Clear equipment at end of operating run and review schedule.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
- Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
Computer Operator Job ID #:5746 Education Required:High School Diploma Experience Required: Not Indicated Position Description The Computer Operator's position is respon...
Superior Group is looking for Computer Operators for an opportunity in Malta, NY. Monitor issues on client's state of the art semiconductor equipment through escalation to te...
This Computer Operator Position Features: ? Dod ? Great Pay to $42K 3 Computer Operators Duration: Perm Opportunity Location: Twentynine Palms, CA Must be able to obtai...