Construction Carpenter Job Description
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Work with prefabricated buildings.
- Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
- Install cabinets and molding.
- Remodel homes and businesses.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Build tunnel bracing.
- Build concrete forms for tunnel or sewer construction project.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Repair or build furniture.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Move and install machinery.
Formwork Carpenters and Construction Workers Knutson Construction Midwest has immediate requirements for experienced formwork carpenters and construction workers including concret...
Job Description: NOTE: Incumbent can reside anywhere on the East Coast, but must be willing to travel extensively within the region.Crew Leaders are responsible for building and ...
Seeking laborer who can assist carpenters on remodeling/construction projects