Responsible for supervising and directing construction workers at a job site. Reads and interprets blueprints, orders materials, oversees construction and demolition, and also performs administrative tasks. Hires, trains, and terminates workers as needed.
- Direct workers at construction site.
- Assign and delegates work.
- Ensure machines are on site and ready for operation.
- Perform inspections at work site.
- Estimate budgets for jobs.
- Order materials.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specs.
- Terminate, hire, and train workers.
- Improve production efficiency.
- Work with engineers, architects, and landowners.
- Select and manage contractors.
- Assess additional labor needs.
- Oversee progress of individual projects.
- Develop reports.
- Provide guidance and mentoring.
- Review contractor schedules.
- Conduct regular site visits.
- Conduct technical studies and research.
- Approve design changes.
- Perform constructability assessments and other spot engineering studies.