Responsible for assisting tradesman on construction sites such as carpenters, bricklayers, demolition experts, drywallers, cement finishers, and roofers. Unloads and loads materials, erects concrete forms and ramps, mix and pour materials such as concrete, and assists in drilling and blasting.
- Assist construction site workers in erecting structures and demolition.
- Unload and load construction materials.
- Distribute materials.
- Erect concrete forms and scaffolding.
- Drill and blast into earth and rock.
- Mix and pour concrete and asphalt.
- Level concrete and earth using trowels and shovels.
- Remove debris.
- Clean up spills and remove hazardous material.
- Direct and control traffic.
- Erect traffic control signs.
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment.
- Signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance.
- Oil and grease hoists.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers.
- Assist in demolishing buildings using explosives.