Responsible for coordinating, planning, and reporting on the financial activities of an organization. Sets financial policies and oversee accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing departments.
- Coordinate financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions.
- Collect, summarize, and interpret financial data.
- Monitor monthly operating results.
- Benchmark profits and losses against competitors or other departments.
- Supervise record keeping and set up controls to ensure compliance.
- Supervise all financial reports distributed by the company, including annual reports to stockholders and government agencies.
- Plan purchases for new equipment.
- Oversee loans to go towards new branches or factories.
- Plan budgets and set fiscal limits.
- Direct financial audits and recommend improvements.
- Develop five year and ten year financial business plans.
- Oversee debt financing and repayments.
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Develop forecasts for proposed projects of the organization.
- Measure actual performance against operating plans and standards.
- Establish major economic objectives and policies for the company.