Responsible for operating conveyor belt that moves objects from one place to another. Moves material to and from stockpiles and ensure they are safely transported.
- Operate conveyor belt to move objects.
- Control speed and route of objects.
- Take orders to have materials, products, or machinery moved.
- Wait for incoming shipments and estimate delivery times.
- Join sections of conveyor frames at temporary working areas, and connect power units.
- Clean conveyor belt and remove debris.
- Oil belts to ensure they move properly.
- Move, assemble, and connect hoses or nozzles to material hoppers, storage tanks, conveyor sections or chutes, and pumps.
- Position deflector bars, gates, waterfalls and another material conveyor divert flow from the conveyor to hot springs.
- Adjust the gate pumps, conveyor, or auxiliary equipment of position, speed, timing and material flow.
- Inform supervisor of conveyor operator.
- Clean and maintain hand sterilization machinery and office equipment, tools, shovels, brooms, chemicals, pipes, lubricant.
- Load, unload, or adjust materials or products on conveyors by hand, by using lifts, hoists, and scoops, or by opening gates, chutes, or hoppers.
- Observe conveyor operations and monitor lights, dials, and gauges, in order to maintain specified operating levels and to detect equipment malfunctions.