Cost Estimator Job Description
- Predict the expense of future projects or products by analyzing monetary costs and other factors.
- Aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
- Break down all expenses related to a project including materials, labor, and other resources.
- Help companies make sound buying and hiring decisions.
- Plan project budgets.
- Track projects throughout its course and recommend budget adjustments.
- Review preliminary plans thoroughly.
- Perform onsite investigations before, during, and after project.
- Work with engineers to interpret blueprints or conceptual drawings.
- Compile a list of parts and decides whether it is more cost efficient to manufacture or to purchase the parts.
- Prepare time-phase charts and learning curves.
- Calculate standard labor hours necessary to produce units or to complete project.
- Find and correct problems associated with the project, product assembly, and testing.
1. Analyzes engineering design documents to establish manufacturing methods and processes to manufacture a component, including creating conceptual sketches and initiating the desi...
Gryphon Technologies, a leading provider of engineering services to the US Navy, is seeking a Program Control Analyst. Job location is in Washington, DC. This position will be resp...
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc., an ENR top 100 ranked engineering firm, is currently looking for a senior highway engineer. The individual must be an ethusiastic and motivated candidate w...