Counter Clerk Job Description
- Check out items for customers.
- Greet patrons.
- Sell goods and services.
- Provide information for customers who have problems or questions.
- Demonstrate how to use a product and maximize the use of its features.
- Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
- Ask for one or two forms of ID to confirm identity.
- Validate checks.
- Issue receipts, refunds, and credits.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Change receipt paper as needed.
- Resolve amount discrepancies.
- Bag items carefully.
- Weigh items.
- Clean up checkout area with damp cloth and disinfectant.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Direct patrons to aisles where they can find certain merchandise.
- Prepare merchandise for display.
- Keep records of transactions.
- Answer telephones and queries over the phone.
- Receive, examine, and tag articles to be altered, cleaned, stored, or repaired.
- Explain rental fees and policies.
- Discuss how to care for items.
- Set up cash drawers.
- Keep safe locked.
- Call for emergency services if need arises.
- Know products and weekly ad items.
McLane is a $46 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain...
McLane is a $46 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants , drug stores, and chai...
Position Description:This position is responsible for conducting cycle counts and audits, assisting in researching and reconciling inventory discrepancies and assisting the Invento...